Webinar - Shellcode for the Masses
Shellcode for the Masses - Presented by John Hammond - EH-Net - Jan 29, 2020
Ethical Hacking Breakdown
- Red Teaming
- System, OS
- Incident Response
- Threat Hunting
- Adv Sim
What is Shellcode?
- Code that will return a remote shell when executed. The meaning has evolved, it now represents any byte code that will be inserted into an exploit to accomplish a desired task.
- A small chunk of code used in the payload in the exploitation of a software vulnerability
What is Binary exploitation?
- The process of subverting a compiled application such that it violates some trust boundary
Why do we care?
- Vulnerable programs can be abused
- Understanding security mitigations
How do we learn this stuff?
- LINUX PRACTICE - exploit.education
- WINDOWS PRACTICE - VulnServer
- GENERAL PRACTICE - Exploit-DB
- HELPFUL READING - The Shellcoder’s Handbook
- shell storm - see other people’s shell code for many architectures
- shellcraft (comes with pwntools)
- Immunity Debugger for Windows
from boofuzz import * host = "192.168.205.136" port = 9999 session = Session(target = Target(connection=SocketConnection(host,port, proto="tcp"))) ....